Advanced Incident Preparedness with Wickr
Fortune favors the prepared. For cyber incident responders and continuity experts, the most critical time to act is before an incident occurs.
Out of Band Communications
Highly secure, out-of-band communication channels are deployed, configured and regularly exercised to provide the necessary capabilities in times of crisis. Wickr includes:
- 1:1 and group collaboration capabilities with internal and external personnel, including file sharing.
- Audio/video conference calling, including screen sharing.
- API integrations for advanced orchestration and workflows.
- Wickr allows for usage and data retention policies to be enforced at the administrative level.
- Team members are pre- provisioned into communication systems and organized by function, geography, seniority, and group to ensure seamless functioning in times of crisis.
- Using modern orchestration tools and techniques the appropriate information, logs and communications are automatically sent to the proper teams in their respective secure Wickr Rooms.
Learning from Prior Incidents
Examples of CBO incidents include Sony, Maersk, and Merck. Much was learned from the Sony breach of 2014, where attackers not only compromised documentation, movies, and personnel information, but also gained access to Sony’s internal communication channels. From this vantage point, attackers were able to monitor Sony’s IR discussions and response scenarios to the attack, thus thwarting Sony’s ongoing efforts, extending the PR story and compounding the overall damage. The primary lesson learned for all industry was that any tool used for communication must be secure and must not depend on existing infrastructure. More recently, organizations like CBS have learned that simply being out-of- band isn’t enough – you must use a tool that meets all needs including compliance services that ensure operation in accordance to information governance policies and within regulatory guidelines.