Customer Security Promises
At Wickr, our mission is to transform how companies and organizations protect valuable, high-target communications. In doing so, we strive to build the most trusted communication platform in the world by investing in comprehensive and transparent security testing. We are motivated by the belief that private and trusted communications are critical for organizations of all sizes. We understand that in order to earn this level of trust, our platform must be verifiably secure, ephemeral & available.
Fulfilling this mission requires significant engineering effort and transparency about how our technology works and why. From the start, Wickr has committed to delivering unique and advanced secure and ephemeral communication solutions, while adhering to a unique and advanced Security Program built upon the following core processes:
- Opening Wickr’s cryptographic protocols for independent public review
- Running an open Bug bounty program focused on ensuring confidentiality and integrity of user data
- A public Vulnerability Disclosure Policy
- Publication of Legal Process Guidelines to share how Wickr responds to government request for user information
- Regular publication of Transparency Reports
- Independent testing by world class security consultants
- Unit testing for applicable security issues identified through testing and bounties
To further advance our security program, we have built a set of Customer Security Promises to guide our internal engineering and testing processes, enable Wickr users to gain a clear understanding of the level of security Wickr aims to provide, and provide public transparency into the methodology and results of independent security testing related to these promises.
By committing to a continuous process of refining and delivering on our Customer Security Promises, we aim to set a new standard in how companies build trust with their users. We are making a public commitment to our customers that Wickr products will perform to these promises and a commitment to the Wickr team internally that we will provide the resources and support required to live up to these high standards for protecting user privacy and security.