You asked, and we listened. A new Wickr update is here with more features to enhance usability, security, and information sharing.
- Real-Time Location Sharing—Mobile users can securely share their real-time location in rooms or conversations. You can also choose to do a one-time share. Desktop users will find updates to support this location sharing by mobile users.
- Quick Responses—Need to send a quick reply? You can now arrange pre-configured text messages that can be sent in a few taps. Your network administrator will need to set these up for you.
- Out-of-Network User Warning—We will now make it easier for you to tell when out-of-network Wickr users are in your rooms or conversations. This information can help you know how secure your conversation or room may be, and possibly be more careful with what you share.
- Pro Administrator Controls—Administrators have a few more supports, such as turning off file attachments and calling.
- By popular demand, we’ve changed the “Invite to Wickr” behavior for non-administrators. Instead of users (non-administrators) inviting 3rd parties to join your network, invitations will include referral links to download WickrPro. Only Administrators can send invites within the app to join the network.
- Improved calling experience, general enhancements, and bug fixes.
Wickr is dedicated to being the best-in-class secure messaging system, and we hope that these updates improve your experience.